UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
BRITISH MACHINE VISION CONFERENCE 2014
The British Machine Vision Conference is one of the major international conferences on computer vision and related areas. It is organized by the British Machine Vision Association (BMVA).
BMVC 2014 will be held at the University of Nottingham, 1st - 5th September 2014.
Authors are invited to submit full-length, high-quality papers on topics in image processing and machine vision. Papers covering theoretical and/or applied work on computer vision are invited. All papers will be reviewed *double blind*, normally by three members of our international programme committee. Reviews will judge submissions on originality, empirical results, quality of evaluation, and presentation.
Please note that BMVC is a single track meeting with oral and poster presentations and will include two keynote presentations and two tutorials. Furthermore, a doctoral consortium will allow PhD students to get experience with presenting their work, and topical workshops will be organised to allow new areas of machine vision to be explored in more detail.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Statistics and machine learning for vision
- Stereo, calibration, geometric modelling and processing
- Face and gesture recognition
- Early and biologically inspired vision
- Motion, flow and tracking
- Segmentation and grouping
- Model-based vision
- Image processing techniques and methods
- Texture, shape and colour
- Video analysis
- Document processing and recognition
- Vision for quality assurance, medical diagnosis, etc.
- Vision for visualization, interaction, and graphics
- Object detection and recognition
- Video analysis and event recognition
- Illumination and reflectance