UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
BRITISH MACHINE VISION CONFERENCE 2014
The British Machine Vision Conference is one of the major international conferences on computer vision and related areas. It is organized by the British Machine Vision Association (BMVA).
The review process for BMVC has now been completed. All papers were reviewed *double blind* by three members of our international programme committee. Reviewers have judged submissions on originality, empirical results, quality of evaluation, and presentation. A full list of papers accepted for publication in BMVC 2014 can be found here.
Please note that BMVC is a single track meeting with oral and poster presentations and will include two keynote presentations and a tutorial. Furthermore, a doctoral consortium will allow PhD students to get experience with presenting their work.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Statistics and machine learning for vision
- Stereo, calibration, geometric modelling and processing
- Face and gesture recognition
- Early and biologically inspired vision
- Motion, flow and tracking
- Segmentation and grouping
- Model-based vision
- Image processing techniques and methods
- Texture, shape and colour
- Video analysis
- Document processing and recognition
- Vision for quality assurance, medical diagnosis, etc.
- Vision for visualization, interaction, and graphics
- Object detection and recognition
- Video analysis and event recognition
- Illumination and reflectance